Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: VP, Marketing & Audience Development
Revision Date: October 2022
Employment Type: Contract Engagement
Pay Type: Hourly
Classification: Est. 10-20 hours / week
Office Location: Remote
The Podglomerate is a leading firm for podcast production, marketing/audience development, and monetization. We bring curiosity to life through critically-acclaimed and award-winning podcasts ranging from narrative-driven stories and sound-rich dramas to branded series and interview shows. Since its start in 2015, The Podglomerate has grown to represent more than 60 podcasts accounting for more than 5 million monthly downloads, with our shows topping the podcast charts and receiving features on every major podcast distribution app with national coverage across print, digital, radio, and television. Our high-profile list of podcast clients includes Magnificent Noise’s “This Is Dating” (named “one of the best podcasts of 2022” by Vulture), as well as podcasts from Lit Hub, LAist, PBS, NPR stations, MIT, Stanford, Harvard, Forever Dog, iHeart, WNET, Substack, GBH, Expedia, Optum, CVS Health, and Hubspot, among many others.
This position supports The Podglomerate’s Marketing department, for both internal and external stakeholders. This position reports directly to our senior-most marketing team member, the Vice President of Marketing & Audience Development, who in-turn reports to the CEO. You may regularly interact with other members of The Podglomerate ecosystem, including but not limited to: full-time staff, part-time staff, contract-based contributors, vendors, sponsors, clients, and talent.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for independently executing production tasks assigned by the Podglomerate’s full-time staff members, that meet or exceed quality and delivery timelines established at the onset of each project. The expected workload is approximately 10-20 hours per week, supporting both short-term engagements spanning an average of 16 weeks, and long-running projects that renew annually with The Podglomerate.
- Hourly: $25-30/hour, depending primarily on demonstrated success in the “Qualifications/Requirements” section below.
- Flat Fee: depending on the project, we could mutually agree to a flat fee in lieu of hourly compensation.
- Blended: depending on the project, we could mutually agree to a flat fee, plus hourly compensation.
This role is strictly for a contractor position, with no promise of future employment in any form; however, as our business needs grow and change, we are open to discussing role expansion, and/or full-time employment. If we establish a successful working relationship, we are amenable to discussing the below as opportunities develop:
- Expanding scope of tasks on current assignment
- Additional contract assignments
- Part-time employment on the Marketing team
- Full-time employment on the Marketing team
Essential Job Functions
- Research in Chartable, Muckrack, Podchaser, SEMrush, and more
- Creating media pipelines and press kits
- Drafting synopsis documents and media pitches
- Sending pitches to relevant media partners
- Maintain active, accurate, and complete records of campaign tasks and progress in Notion system
- Coordinate meetings, draft agendas, and take meeting notes
- Support Marketing team with ad-hoc requests as requested
- Strong preference given to:
- A demonstrated history of contributing to successful media (or media-adjacent) marketing campaigns in the last 2 years in the last 2 years
- 2+ years professional experience with research and writing
- 2+ years experience in digital media
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Exceptional time-management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide actionable constructive feedback objectively and with diplomacy
- Demonstrated knowledge of current media, audio, and podcast industries
- Experience in Notion, task-management system
- Computer and technology literacy in current digital media and sourcing platforms (Megaphone, Chartable, Muckrack, Podchaser, Mixmax), Google Workspace, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). We can teach you what you do not know, but you’ll be expected to be proficient within 3 months of starting work.
- The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
- Limited travel
- Flexible schedule required
Remote work – employee controls working environment
Labor is akin to that of an “office environment”, with frequent, computer, mouse, keyboard use
Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Please send a resume to listen [at] thepodglomerate.com to apply for this role. Please also write a few sentences about why you’re interested in the role and your qualifications.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
The Podglomerate LLC follows Equal Opportunity Employment Commission guidelines. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.